Friday, September 17, 2010

Are Application Client Containers ever used?

Has anybody actually ever used Application Client Containers?
The only examples I've ever seen have been have been trivial examples involving a single class that does everything.

We've been investigating using this for some new software but everytime i hit a problem I feel like I'm going down the rabbit hole.

Just setting the client up to work with the EJB backend is an absolute mission, requiring copy and erroring from various web sites and tutorials in order to get things working.
And then when you try and pull the client onto a seperate computer from yout application server everything falls apart again!

I'm starting to think that Application Client Containers have very little real world usage, and that everybody is communicating via web services or their own proprietary protocols.

But maybe I've gone down the rabbit hole and haven't emerged from the other side yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment